5 Remarkable Facts About Designing Cock: The Set
Meet Ronnie Wells, the producer and set designer for Cock –
A Prolific Designer
If you’ve been to a SNAP! Production since 2013, you’ve seen Ronnie’s work. He has designed nearly every single show since he joined the Board of Directors in May of that year. A few highlights include:
- Next to Normal
- Voices from the Closet
- We Are Proud to Present
- Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike (TAG Nomination 2015)
- Calendar Girls
- In the Bones (OEAA Nomination 2016)
- Mama’s Girls
A Man Involved in the Community
Somehow Ronnie also finds the time to serve on the Board of Directors of the Theatre Arts Guild (TAG), serve as properties master at Opera Omaha, and work full time at Fontenelle Forest as the Manager of Events & Exhibits. When he has the energy he jets off to Des Moines, IA to visit his boyfriend Adam (and he always finds the energy!)
We asked Ronnie to give us 5 remarkable facts about set designing Cock and here they are!
- I wanted to give the space a complete transformation that would engage the audience from the moment they walk in the space. They are immediately reminded that there is a choice to be made.
- The design reflects a warehouse location, where crowds gather to watch the blood sport that still takes place in today’s society.
- Research Fact: Cockfights take place in a palenque (cockfighting arena).
- The show is presented with very little scenery and props, allowing the audience to focus on the dialogue between the characters that inhabit the world created on stage.
- We have 2 evenings (approximately 4 hours each) to load-in the design before the director and cast takes the stage for rehearsals.
You will have to come see the production to see how Ronnie transforms the space. Tickets are on sale now – go to here to purchase yours today!
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]